The Quality Assurance Service Co Ltd, trading as GDGC("We") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which we collect and process personal data.
GDGC is an insurance broker and a trading name of the Quality Assurance Service Co Ltd, for the purpose of the Data Protection legislation and rules (the Act) it is the entity and data controller responsible for holding and using your data. We may share data and information with other parties and this is explained in the policy below.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may obtain personal information (including sensitive personal information) either from you directly; or from other sources, such as credit reference agencies, insurers, insurance intermediaries and anti-fraud databases. We collect and use your data for the purposes of arranging an insurance contract with an insurer or insurance intermediary, or to meet the legal obligations we have to our regulators and or because it is in our or a third parties legitimate interests that we process this data. Without the data we would not be able to provide our role as an insurance broker or arrange quotations or cover for you. You may notify us that you do not want us to process your data in which case you will not have access to the services we provided to arrange any policy. We may therefore collect and process the following type of data about
Information provided about you to enable us to obtain quotations and terms for insurance policies and to and arrange these insurance policies that you may benefit from. This could include your name and address, date of birth, gender, occupation, marital status, family details, employment history, criminal records data, health data, previous claims data, financial information and any other information an insurer or insurance intermediary may require to assess the risk of providing insurance cover to you. We hold and use this information as there is a contract between us or it is in our or our client’s legitimate interests to do so.
To assist you to arrange premium finance arrangements. We hold and use this information as there is a contract between us or it is in our or our client’s legitimate interests to do so.
If you contact us, by way of any enquiry, including any amendments, or to discuss a potential claim, we will retain a record. We will usually take details of your name and address along with details of your enquiry and our reply. We hold and use this information as there is a contract between us or it is in our or our client’s legitimate interests to do so.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To establish a client relationship, including fraud, anti-money laundering and sanctions checks;
- To evaluate risks and obtain terms and quotations for insurance from insurers and insurance intermediaries, initially and throughout the term or your policy, including renewal;
- Policy administration, including assisting you with any amendments you require to your policy or cover;
- Collection or refunding premiums to and on behalf of insurers or insurance intermediaries
- For legal and regulatory reasons;
- Facilitating premium finance arrangements;
- To help improve our customer service.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to insurers, insurance intermediary’s auditors, reinsurers, identity authentication, fraud prevention agencies, claims handlers, lawyers, loss adjusters, premium finance providers other financial institutions and legal and regulatory authorities. We also share your personal information with our suppliers who process data for us under contract.
We may monitor and record phone calls for the purposes of training and quality assurance. When providing information about another person, you confirm they have given you their permission and that we may process their personal data (including any sensitive data) for the purposes as set out above.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information, these are:
- The right to confirm if we are using data about you and to access details about what we are using and how;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office;
- The right to request we rectify any inaccurate data or to have data which is incomplete for the purpose we hold it completed;
- The right to be forgotten. Which is the right to ask us to delete information about you and if it is appropriate to do so we will do so;
- The right to restrict what we do with data in specific circumstances, including where the accuracy of the data is contested, processing is unlawful, or if we only need the data to meet legal requirements;
- The right to receive the data we hold about you in a format you can use to transfer the data electronically elsewhere.
Your data will be stored for the period of cover and seven years afterwards. This is to ensure we can provide the benefit of the cover and meet our regulatory requirements.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any data about you to these websites.